Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana US
Requisition Number: ELECT70187
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, provides electrical and maintenance functions. Maintains and repairs hospital equipment, electrical systems and assists trade mechanics in performance of their duties. Performs building inspections for safety and code compliance.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Registration/Certification/Licensure: Allen Co. Journeyman Electrician License or equal/above equivalence.
Experience: Work requires 4 years of experience in working with basic schematics and drawings, bending and installing conduits, and the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Successful completion of Electrician Apprentice Program, and Journeyman’s card or above.
Job Knowledge & Skills: Demonstrates the ability to:
- Utilize a variety of hand tools
- Communicate with a working knowledge of the English language both orally and in writing
- Organize data collected for record keeping
- Operate a computer demonstrating a working knowledge of basic computer keyboarding.
- Attitude that reflects helpfulness and good customer service
- The level of knowledge normally obtained through the completion of a certified program in Electrical Maintenance and Construction, trade school, union or military program.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, Electrical safety, lockout tagout practice. Troubleshooting, construction and local state and National Electrical Code compliance.
- Basic knowledge of electronic circuits relating to control, PLC control, nurse call, speaker paging systems, fire alarm and building automation systems.
- Knowledge of 12k medium voltage, co-gen and emergency power systems a plus but not required.
Job Requirements: Must be able to
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
Work Performed: To include but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and maintain/repair electrical systems and equipment in hospital and medical facilities to include, but not limited to, electrical switches, outlets, panels, switchgear, lighting, and motors, as well as any other electrical devices and equipment with in skill level.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance on systems and equipment an install new wiring systems and equipment in accordance with established schedules and procedures; test and examine systems and equipment to assess function status and all other duties as assigned by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
City: Fort Wayne
Community / Marketing Title: Electrician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Wayne, Indiana US
Job Number: 18228