Registered Nurse, Unit 8, Med-Surg Onc, FT, Nights 7p-7:30a. $15k-$20k SIGN ON BONUS!
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania US
Requisition Number: RNREG61018
RN - Registered Nurse
Regional Hospital of Scranton is a 198-bed acute care hospital. The hospital has been nationally recognized for quality, and in 2012 – for the sixth consecutive year – was named one of America’s Top 50 Hospitals by HealthGrades, a national accrediting organization. For three years in a row, it has been named Best Hospital in the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre Area by U.S. News and World Report magazine and to Becker’s Hospital Review list of the leading 100 hospitals in the United States.
RN Job Description: Oncology Unit
- The staff RN is responsible for managing the care for medical and oncology patients.
- The staff RN utilizes the nursing process and other health care resources to meet the specialized physical, emotional and spiritual needs of this specialized patient population.
- Will be responsible to provide quality nursing care to patients in the department through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation of oncology care and assisting the therapist and physicians.
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and delegating nursing care based on established clinical oncology nursing practices.
- Ideal candidate is an integral member of the health care team who works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained.
8 East Oncology Unit: Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Current state Registered Nurse license.
- Prior medical- surgical experience preferred, new graduate will be considered.
- Current BLS/CPR Certification.
- Committed to exceeding customer expectations and is willing to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care and core measures
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Great pay and benefits! SIGN on BONUS starting at $15,000 !
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse, Unit 8, Med-Surg Onc, FT, Nights 7p-7:30a. $15k-$20k SIGN ON BONUS!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Scranton, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 17557