Full time Registered Nurse (RN)- Behavioral Health
Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Requisition Number: FULLT66655
Do you have a passion for working with patients suffering from mental health challenges? Do you have experience working as a Tech in an adult behavioral health inpatient setting? If this describes you, then you may be the person we want to join our team as a Part time Registered Nurse (RN) for our Behavioral Health Unit at Northwest Medical!
Northwest Medical Center - Springdale is the only acute care hospital offering adult behavioral health inpatient services in Northwest Arkansas. The unit at NMC-S provides patients with a combination of medical assessment, psychiatric evaluation, group and activity therapies as well as education and support to both the patients themselves and the families who care for them. Treatment available for adults can address a wide range of acute psychiatric illnesses, including bipolar disorder, severe anxiety and psychosis.
We recognize that patients heal better in a compassionate and comfortable environment and as such have recently completed a multi-million dollar expansion of the unit, adding 18 adult behavioral health beds for acute care to the existing 29 beds making us the largest provider in Arkansas of inpatient mental health services.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ensuring patient safety
- Evaluating assigned patients and plans
- Implementing and documenting care
- Performing various patient tests and administering medications within the scope of practice
- Teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self- care skills
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- License to practice as an RN in the state of Arkansas
- Current American Heart association BLS certification
- Past Behavioral Health experience preferred
Apply today to learn about what we can offer you. Please contact Enza Rebecchi, Recruiter at Vincenza_Rebecchi@chs.net for more details.
About Northwest Health
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians’ Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women’s Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren’t local and haven’t already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
Community / Marketing Title: Full time Registered Nurse (RN)- Behavioral Health
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 17360