Infection Control, Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana US
Requisition Number: INFEC48187
Under the direction of the Chief Quality Officer (CQO), plans, organizes and manages operational and personnel functions for the facility Infection Control Program. Assists management in the development and implementation of a budget, goals and objectives, policies and procedures, staff training, development, and quality assurance activities.
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) or completion of a bachelor’s degree in public health, medical technology, science, epidemiology. Two years of experience in infection surveillance, prevention and control + two years of leadership experience.
Infection Control Certification required within two years of date in position.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
1) Demonstrates indepth working knowledge of the clinical/non-clinical operations, equipment and applicable regulations
in area of responsibility.
2) Demonstrates knowledge of required disciplinary planning for coordination of services and achievement of related
goals and objectives.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of management theory and practice to effectively lead staff in area of responsibility.
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to ensure the effective and quality delivery of
department services. Requires independent judgment and professional responsibility to provide management and
constructive feedback to administration, corporate, other departments and internal/external customers. Requires the
skills necessary to support hospital management in the development, administration and ongoing monitoring of the
department budget(s) within established goals and objectives.
5) Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to establish,
promote, and maintain positive working relationships with administration, the medical staff, hospital staff and all other
internal and external customers, as needed.
6) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range
of treatment appropriate to the age (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to
support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
Apply today to learn about what we can offer you. Please contact Dalena Phan, Recruiter at Dalena_Phan@chs.net for more details.
City: Fort Wayne
Community / Marketing Title: Infection Control, Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Wayne, Indiana US
Job Number: 15113