Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
Location: Laredo, Texas US
Requisition Number: RN2DM20472
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center’s 2D Med Surg Unit provides 31 private patient rooms for specialized care for treating complex medical and surgical patients. This floor also includes an extension unit (3D) with an additional 18 beds. Each RN reports directly to the unit’s Director, while also having on-shift leadership enhanced by LMC’s Charge RNs and/or Clinical Coordinators. Additional patient support is provided in each shift by Patient Care Techs, or Nurse Aids. Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses are available for qualified candidates. Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) are available for out-of-town applicants. Read the full position description below.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Minimum job requirements for education and license include an associate's degree, and must be certified as a registered nurse from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must be licensed in the State of Texas. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program.
- Letter of Recommendations are preferred for applicants with less than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
- BLS (or obtained during orientation.
- Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners.
- Preferred: one year full time or three years part time experience in acute care setting.
- ACLS, PALS, or NRP (or obtained within six months of employment) in required specialty. May be obtained within six months of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
- Handle with Care (or obtained within six months of employment) in required specialty.
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
- Relocation and Sign-on Bonuses Available for qualified candidates.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Laredo, Texas US
Job Number: 13497