RN ER AM/PM
Location: Laredo, Texas US
Requisition Number: RNERA30263
Join our team! Laredo Medical Center's (LMC) Emergency Room is now hiring a full-time Registered Nurse to work in LMC's 326 bed acute care hospital. The department is a secure, 38 bed Emergency room in the main campus of Laredo Medical Center. We have Level III Trauma designation. Everyone in the units report directly to the Director of ER. The Hospital is located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just 150 miles south of historic San Antonio. Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for eligible applicants! Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) is available for out-of-town applicants. Read a full position description below.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Minimum job requirements for education and license include an associate's degree, and must be certified as a registered nurse from an accredited school of professional nursing. Must be licensed in the State of Texas. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Internship or 3 months experience as an RN.
- Letter of Recommendation are preferred for applicants with less than 1 year of applicable experience in nursing.
- Preferably ER experience as an RN, LPN or Nurse Tech
- Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners. CPR, ACLS, PALS, TNCC required. Some may be completed within first 90 days of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
- Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
- Sign-on and relocation available for eligible candidates.
Apply today to learn about what we can offer you. Please contact Jessica Manella, Recruiter at Jessica_Manella@chs.net for more details.
Community / Marketing Title: RN ER AM/PM
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Laredo, Texas US
Job Number: 13447