Why DeTar Healthcare System?
DeTar Healthcare System is your community healthcare provider.
The physicians, staff and volunteers of the DeTar Healthcare System pride themselves on caring for our community. The father and son physician team of William and Webb T. DeTar opened the area’s first hospital, Valley View Hospital, in a two-story, white wood framed, colonial style home on the corner of Navarro and San Antonio streets in 1924. Since then, the DeTar “family,” as we call it, has grown to a team of 1,200 staff members, more than 200 physicians and 120 volunteers who dedicate themselves to keeping our community healthy.
Our two full-service, acute care hospitals, DeTar Hospital Navarro and DeTar Hospital North have been recognized for providing quality care by the Joint Commission and offer services one may expect to travel miles to receive, such as:
• Comprehensive cardiac program with two cardiac catheterization labs, an electro physiology program and open-heart surgery
• An accredited Chest Pain Center
• An inpatient rehabilitation facility recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and offering round-the-clock nursing care and at least three hours of physical, occupational and/or speech therapy
• A designated Primary Stroke Center
• Both Level III and Level IV Trauma Centers
• A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with the area’s only program providing 24-hour coverage with in-house neonatologists
We believe in harnessing the power of people to create great care. A patient-centered team of doctors, nurses, employees and volunteers, we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home